Sunday, April 14, 2013

Stupid Dumb Breast Cancer: Beauty and Strength

Stupid Dumb Breast Cancer: Beauty and Strength:   Jen Burgess Thompson http://www.amistillagirl.com/   When I was diagnosed a lot of people gave me advice and notes, cards and gifts....


Thank a few of your fellow Health Activists for what they have done. Call them out by name or twitter handle. Share your love. Is the challenge for day 14 from WEGO. 

At first I was gonna shout out to all my friends and make a top ten list (I know I've done it before but it's my blog damn it) but I decided to repost instead. I have so many blogger friends I read daily and I didn't want to piss anyone off (Anne Marie, Ashley, Jeri, Jackie, Erin, Ciel, Anne, Brooken Boobie, Chris don't take it out on me lol).  I want to take a minute and not only thank Jen but to honor her. While you may have forgotten her family is still grieving and I am till thinking of my warrior friend. 

I'm not doing these challenges not  to win an award (but shit I do love a tiara), I'm not doing them so people will think I'm a great writer (Tom is sitting her begging me to spell check) or because it's cool to blog (call me hipster). I am doing this because I need it. I need to release emotions, thoughts and ideas. If I don't the voices in my head start having way too many conversations. So, while you may think I cheated on this one I am not concerned. I am honoring a friend who I think about every day, who I wish didn't take wings, who I know is watching over all us warriors. Who I am thankful I had a chance may it brief to know. I'm thanking her for sharing her journey because it helped me so. 
Plus you know this is my party and I will cry if I want to! Hahahahaahahahahahahaha now you're singing that

No comments:

Post a Comment