Friday, April 19, 2013

Stupid Dumb Breast Cancer with a dash of MS


me and tracy
Keep smiling, keep shining. Knowing you can always count on me, for sure'. Cause I tell you, that's what friends are for. Whoa, good times and the bad times. I'll be on your side forever more. That's what friends are for

 WEGO Health Day 19……Post a vintage photo of yourself, with a caption about the photo and where you were in terms of your health condition.


1986, top of the world and so full of health, or so we thought. Too bad we were drinking, smoking and sneaking out like to good Catholic school girls to realize what we were doing to our bodies. We didn’t think about health issues, but we were in our minds healthy. Then again when you are 14 who cares what you are like at 40! We were eating crap, I mean Pat’s pizza was so yum back then. Exercise?? LOL if you call crossing Teal Ave to sneak to the mall to met boys a work out then sure. Don’t even get me started on alcohol consumption, crème de Mint was our choice (sorry dad!). Sneaking cigarettes at Marble Farms, YUK what were we thinking. Ok, I will give ya the pot smoking, that was the only healthy thing we did! Our health was not a concern only boys, cheerleading and boom boxes, but we were healthy right? I wonder if our story starts here, did it all begin when we were 14?

Now were dumb back then but then as we got older we smartened up. Started exercising like mad, have you seen Tracy’s guns!? Eating healthy, even went vegetarian (she is a meat eater now but ALL natural). We even found a way to keep our mind healthy, therapy yes but just thinking a little kinder does wonders. So is the joke on us that 4 years ago she is diagnosed with MS, then me with breast cancer?? I mean come on. WE ARE THE HEALTHY ONES!! I must say that since we were both DX we have made an even more conscience effort to be even more healthy. I wonder if our 14 year old selves would have eaten and exercised like our 40 year old selves? I am just happy that after 35 years of friendship some bumpy roads and a lot of health issues we can still be here for each other, after all that’s what friends are for?

*** disclaimer if Mrs. Taylor is reading this it was all my idea to cross Teall Ave, Tracy was wanting to cross Court St!
image (2)
2012 healthy as 2 MS, cancer fighting beauties!

No comments:

Post a Comment