Sunday, April 21, 2013

Every rose has its thorn


lumps0328
Pinktacular rose
WEGO Day 21…..“The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all.” – Mulan
True or false? When do you bloom best?

I hope you enjoy sitting there singing that hair band song. I have gotten so much crap for putting myself out here the way I did. I lost friends who can not understand why I would expose myself like this. People have told me that I cant talk about cancer because I didn’t have the “real cancer”, damn then why the hell did I get a mastectomy??? Through this I have made enemies with people I do not even know because they think the pink ribbon is breast cancer awareness, not my scared chest. They are the thorns in my rose!

I have made women who would never get a mammo not only get one but follow up. That is almost as important as going, anyone can get one but how many come back. The images I have shown have helped so many see what it was going to be like. Isn't that so important to take the scary out of what is beyond scary enough? I am getting men and women alike to do self breast exams, men already love coping a feel but now they are doing it for health reasons. Stupid Dumb Breast Cancer has raised $25,500.00 to date for breast cancer, there is the real pink ribbon. Making Caring Kids is what our community needs, letting the kids be apart of real volunteer service. This is getting them to be proactive in making a difference. Joining with Cancer Connects and Jill to help people battling the beast brings this whole journey into what I was meant to do. This is my rose, this is how I bloom.

Honestly these metaphors are killing me! I am such not the English major. Although there are princesses in England…..

1 comment: