Monday, March 4, 2013

PINK OUT, pure awesomenesssssssss

pink out
I wanted to do something that was unusual yet would raise some money. I wanted to show that fund raising can be a good time not stuffy. I wanted a celebration of life. I wanted to laugh. I wanted people to see that breast cancer is not your great aunt Ida’s problem that young mother’s are getting it. I wanted to raise money.   wanted to laugh, oh wait I said that but that was very important to me. We laughed and laughed hard. My family and friends have been dealing with a lot when it comes to my health and we needed this night for sure. We needed to SMILE, my face still hurts
pops
Before I talk about the night I have to talk about Rain and Duke. Rain is a bar, yes gay by nature but full of acceptance. I have never felt anything but good vibes in there. I simply love the staff and the music rocks making it my favorite bar. DUKE!! Yes he is my hair dresser, fabu right?? But he is my friend and has been so supportive of this stupid dumb breast cancer. He wanted to do something besides your average donate. Duke filled Rain with balloons, life and QUEENS!! It was a lot of work and wasn’t cheap but I think a HUGE success. As of now we are over $2100, waiting on silent auction, photo booth and other items to give a grand total. Pretty good for a bunch fools “watching men dressed in woman’s clothes while they mouth the words to other people’s songs”, lol! Every single person on staff thanked me last night and asked if I had fun, these are good solid people, I do “love the gays” as Duke says.
pinkout028-2392661944-Opinkout083-2392663462-O
The queens brought it out in full raunchy force. They were fun, entertaining and made us laugh hard. I loved looking around and seeing my gay friends mixed with my straight friends all laughing and singing. They made me so happy and for fuck’s sake I need a little happiness. Prepping was great, hair and make up by a 12 year old that looked fierce and sparkly, thanks RILEY!!! Going into Wegman’s looking like that and running into random people, priceless. Setting up with my girls and getting dressed in the bathroom makes me giggle. All my friends looking to help was just amazing. ALL the silent auction items, WOW we have such a generous community. The photo booth was a HUGE hot spot. Then the show. I am 100% sure Fayetteville will NEVER be the same again. I thought watching my friend Karen give the queens a tip was great, then my sister gave a tip and I about peed. BUT NOTHING NOT ONE SINGLE thing compares to my dad. He danced or better yet got engulfed by Darianne lake, WOW. pinkout101-2392664004-OMy dad can dance, but when Darianne backed up into him I literally died!!! The crowd went nuts and I sat there so proud of my dad for going outside his element and letting lose. But you know why he did it, cause his princess was ALIVE. I am crying as I type this because my father is my everything. And seeing him laugh not for him but for me makes me speechless. That proved this night was about just living. There came a point where I thought we were going to have to restrain him. Andy said it best “Do you think he forgot they are men?” Still smiling!
 
pinkout103-2392664085-O
pinkout087-2392663570-Opinkout126-2392664806-O
 
Life is to short to not have fun. It is too short to judge or compare. Life is meant to be lived and that my friends is what cancer has taught me. Take a minute and check out the pictures and see for yourself what a bar filled with acceptance, a bunch of friends on a mission of awareness, some queens and a princess can do all in the name of STUPID DUMB BREAST CANCER!
pinkout125-2392664721-Opinkout035-2392662158-O
http://centralny.ynn.com/content/top_stories/644374/drag-queens-raise-money-for-fight-against-breast-cancer/ Here is the link to the YNN spot, big props to them for featuring this!
http://jbassphoto.zenfolio.com/pink_out/h571B9310#h571b91e0http://jbassphoto.zenfolio.com/pink_out/h571B9310#h571b91e0 link to the photo booth pictures

BIG THANKS TO THE DONATIONS
  • Duke at Kathleen & Company
  • Rain Lounge
  • James Bass Photography
  • Genevieve Fridley Photograhy
  • Bowl Mor
  • Old Navy
  • King David
  • Patrick Fuller massage
  • Fitness and Dance studio
  • Sexy Momma by Pam Denton
  • Lia Sophia necklace
  • Michelle DaRin jewelry
  • Mike’s TV and appliance
  • Sam RAO Florist
  • Thom Filicia
  • The dog lived and so will I
  • MC Strength and Fitness
  • Heidi Boutique
  • Sarah Hall Desgins
  • Shrink Wrap yourself Patti Grifo
  • Mr’s Kelder Cookies and Cakes
  • Method 360
  • Nain Nick Nacks
  • Coach iPad cover, Kim Holmik
  • bc restaurant
  • Wild Center of Manlius
  • Halo Tattoo
  • Rain Lounge Basket
  • Famous Artists
  • Syracuse Stage
  • Body Basics Massage
  • Cathy’s Crystal Creations

2 comments:

  1. This looks like tons of fun and I LOVE the sense of community you share. Good for your dad, good for you. Some people are born to make a difference, to step beyond. You are one of those people, AM....

    xoxoxox

    ps-And my face is still a little swollen. If I can get decent makeup on tomorrow, I will get you the picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I found myself throughout today remembering something funny about last night and then I'd laugh out loud...such a fun love-filled evening. Duke is a person we should all try to emulate. He gives without a thought and with such grace. His staff at Rain are fun, happy people who make you feel at home. I love that they were all involved with the evening also. Photo bombs, money to the queens and lots of laughs. But, your dad was the icing on the cake. He set aside any feelings he might have of being embarrassed and showed his daughter how much she means to him. If only I can be that selfless with my children. He is a true father and only wants the best for you and that best is for you to smile and be happy. He is your rock. You did good AM, always one upping yourself, that's what I love about you. I can only imagine what's coming...xo

    ReplyDelete