Monday, December 24, 2012

Caring Kids take 1....


The weather outside was frightful but the children inside were delightful! The First Stupid Dumb Breast Cancer Caring Kids event was a major success!! I looked around the room and saw these children of all ages working so hard and finding a way to send real holiday cheer to those who need it. This is what good will to man is all about. The children were not complaining or looking for ways to do it quick. What they were doing was making more and more and taking their time. I think of all the ugliness in the this world, the hate, the violence, anger, the liars and it breaks my heart. As I looked around The Towne Center Community Room I saw love, compassion, thoughtfulness, kindness and the want to help others in pain. The way the older children helped the younger was so important for both age groups.

The children and parents that braved the storm are all amazing. People keep telling me what a great job I am doing, well I just have the ideas it is the caring people that make it real.  I cannot wait until the next Caring Kids event. I really hope you all take the time to show someone that you care, really care about them! This is the holiday spirit, this is good will to men, this is spreading christmas cheer. I challenge you to be like these kids for even a day, could you? Could you help someone today even though you are busy? Could you smile at that rude person in line? Could you just say Happy Holidays to someone who looks like they need it? You could but will you....
 




















 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment