Monday, July 30, 2012

Time of Your Life

That was the song playing in the room while I had only 2 fucking drains pulled, I mean how apropos. I totally get the reasons why they only pulled 2 but it does not mean I have to be happy about it.  It felt weird and gross and made Genevieve a little sick I think (now that is a friend!!). The one side did not hurt but the left cause it is so tender, WOOZA! I go to my breast care doctor tomorrow and hopefully she pulls the other 2. If NOT then I guess I am that woman on the beach! I think I am taking embarrassing my kids to another level.  My friend's mom lives on the Cape and is a nurse so if worse comes to worse she can pull them because I am days away from them getting pulled and I really need to go. Am I nuts I ask you?? Well, couple of things here...YES I am, but she is a very experienced nurse and I trust her.  Not so sure Tom is thrilled about it. She is a hard ass so she won't pull them by me begging. YET, I go way back with this woman and I think she may find joy in it, like a lot of JOY!! So I guess my point in all this is I will know tomorrow if I will be drain free.

Another turning point a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist directs you where to go

So make the best of this test and don't ask why
It's not a question but a lesson learned in time


It's something unpredictable but in the end
It's right I hope you've had the time of your life

So take the photographs and still frames in your mind
Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time
Tattoos and memories and dead skin on trial
For what it's worth it was worth all the while

5 comments:

  1. I will do my special "drain out" dance.... It worked for me... Sending a hug and a prayer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can really shake your money maker

      Delete
  2. wow--guess I should have been listening to those lyrics, but I was too busy trying to keep my breakfast down while they yanked those drains. You did good today--it was a bummer and you had to have a cry, but you still did good. It will be worth it all the while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sob session more like it. Thanks for being there for both and not chunking at either!

      Delete
    2. Genevieve..your a Saint! I might have lost it.

      Delete